Updated: Apr 16, 2020
3 large, ripe plantains - the riper the sweeter
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
4 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
1. Peel and slice your plantains diagonally into 3 inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 piece of plantain in oil to test heat before adding remaining pieces. If it bubbles intensely, the oil is hot enough and ready to fry. Do not over crowd plantains to ensure they're crispy. Fry 1-2 minutes per side.
3. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
4. Quickly move plantains to a large bowl and coat with buffalo sauce using a rubber spatula or gently tossing until completely covered.
5. Transfer plantains to a serving dish and top with blue cheese crumbles. Enjoy!